Saturday, July 12, 2008

Australia: Team Comments, Part 3

Here they are, the final three thoughts from our GO! Team members:

Shaya- Australia has been an amazing experience. It’s a beautiful place and all the people are very friendly. The hardest thing I’ve done yet is give my testimony aloud in front of people. That was the first time I’ve ever done that and was surprised to how awesome it was to actually tell my story and show how God how worked through my life. It’s been interesting to learn about the aboriginal people and what they have been through and how they are now. It seems as though everything and everyone has a story and it’s nice to hear and learn about all the experiences people have gone through. The kids in Eidsvold were awesome and it was rewarding to see them all smile and be so happy just to see us there. I think this trip has shown me how God works in different places with all kinds of people- it’s amazing to see. I think it has encouraged me on how I can do mission at home as well through things like helping serve at community BBQs, to helping with the children’s ministry. I am blessed to have been able to come here and share my faith and hope God uses me for more opportunities in the future.

Wayne- This mission trip has been a good experience for me. The team gets along well with each other, and we don’t hesitate to help each other when someone needs it. I’ve really liked working with the kids in Eidsvold, and putting on a vacation bible school. We did crafts, and it was nice to just sit down and work with the kids. The highlight for me though was on Friday. We went to the park where they were celebrating NAIDOC and they had a big fair going on. We got to go around and watch some native dancers and singers, and got to see some nice home made things like hats and head bands. Wherever we went, the people were friendly and would sit and talk with us about their lives, and about ours. It was a good opportunity to tell why we were here and what God was doing in our lives.

Leslee- This is pretty much my first trip outside the U.S.A. It has been a life-changing experience for me. Australia is an amazing country – mostly because of the amazing people here. No matter where I have been the people have been friendly and welcoming. They are willing to give of what they have, even if they don’t have much. There is so much I did not know about Australia and the indigenous people here. I will have a lot to share when I get back home. God has been calling me to step outside of my world and my comfort zone for awhile. I am so glad that I have been obedient to go where he has called me. He has been showing me how to have a true servant’s heart. I sometimes don’t realize how fortunate I am and I need to be more aware of the struggles of other people in my neighborhood and around the world. I have truly enjoyed serving him through my experiences here, whether it be playing with the kids in Eidsvold, preparing meals or cleaning toilets. It is all for the glory of God and I am honored to be able to serve Him.

No comments: