Friday, July 11, 2008

Australia: Team Comments, Part 2

Here are three more of our wonderful team members with their thoughts on this trip:

Marisol- This trip has been beyond amazing. I have learned so much about the people and history here and it just made me realize how God is needed everywhere and not just at home. The people here have been amazing and the memories I am leaving with will never be forgotten. I have learned about what God wants me to do not just in another country, but at home as well. I’m leaving here with new friends, lots of memories, and an experience that has helped me to grow in my journey with the Lord. I had no idea that I would have so much fun with the children in Eidsvold and how much they enjoyed us being there with them. They wanted our attention and we were so happy to give it to them because they were the reason we were called to that place. There are so many things that I have to say but there are just no words to express what I have experienced. The community BBQ was a blast and NAIDOC was so much fun. The people here are so friendly and loving towards complete strangers that it leaves me in awe. The team that I am working with is just amazing people as well. We get along and plan to stay together when we get back. I love Australia and I hope God plans for me to return next year!

Kyle- I am back to one of my favorite parts of the world. I love this place because of the people here and the kids that we work with. I love this place so much I think I came back on this trip because of the kids that we work with. All these kids just want to be played with and be loved and that is why I came- because I love to work with kids and I love playing with kids, too. This trip has been good for me because I have learned more about what has happened to the indigenous people of this land and I plan on taking this back to the states and tell the truth about what's happened to our indigenous people.

Liz- How great is our God? I have had the honor to be in an amazing place with some incredible people. I have listened to stories of pain and sorrow, joy and laughter, and hope and prayers for a bright future for the people here. While I thought I was coming to spend time with kids, I have been enriched by the time spent with the adults as well. Listening to them talk of the pain caused at the hands of government officials who claimed to want to help. How they are working through their feelings and trusting God for their strength and future. But more importantly, to be able to share those stories with the ones who still do not know Christ and for the coming generation. I am blessed for knowing them, praying with them, crying with them and being able to encourage them. My love for the people here is so strong; please pray with me for their continued efforts in spreading the gospel in all they do. I have family here, brothers and sisters in Christ that I can’t wait to see again.

No comments: