Wednesday, April 15, 2009

On the Road Again

As I write this, I'm sitting in JFK Airport in the Big Apple with Stanley Mutunga (that's Stanley and me feeding Jeffrey!). It's Tuesday morning, and we just arrived on the red-eye from Los Angeles on our way to Kenya (man, those seats are small!). We'll fly through Dubai this time (a first for me), a 12+ hour trip, then about 5 hours back to Nairobi. It's long, but exciting, as Stanley and I talk much about our opportunities for the next nine days. We'll teach at the new church started at the Tumaini Center. The congregation is averaging about 125 after last September's launch, and they want to know more about what it means to be a non-denominational, New Testament church. And even more exciting is the news that they already want to plant more churches like themselves throughout the area. Our teaching will be foundational to what they will teach and pass on to others as they reproduce themselves among their own people.

Quite honestly, th
at makes me a more nervous, knowing that what we/I say during these days of teaching and discussion will be carried on to others. My topics this trip include the place of baptism and the Lord's Supper in the Church, and the place and ministry of elders and deacons in the Church. Please pray for us as we share, that we don't simply impart knowledge, but that we pass along the lessons and insights God has given to us through our years of service to Him. Thanks!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know that my heart is with all of you and that I'm incredibly jealous not to be with you. I'm praying on a daily basis for the trip, the people you are ministering to, the staff- both from KACC and "in-country" as well and I'll be with you -even if it is only in my thoughts!

Dr. Ron